Things should think about before your wedding
We all work so hard to find that right person. Yet, we fail to realize how difficult marriages can be. Getting marriage advice from time to time will help your relationship. It takes even harder work to make sure it lasts, and that it is the best part of your life. Everyone wants a good marriage that will last for years. After all, you got married to grow old together, right?
Provided here are a few tips that you should take into account during your marriage. Many of these tips have come from people who have lived through it. Remember, it is a two way street, and both parties need to put in the effort!
Marriage advice for you and your partner:
- Stay accountable for what you do in the marriage, whether good or bad. You cannot be in denial about your part in the relationship, but take responsibility for it. If you need to change something, be aware of that and work on it.
- Be close to your spouse. It is proven that touching more grows a bigger better bond.
- Do not try to change your spouse, it is a waste of time and can just be frustrating. Trying to change your spouse, you will just come off as a nag and wind up sending a negative message that ‘who you are is not good enough’. That is not the message you want to send to your partner. Focus instead on working on yourself to become a better person and better spouse. Perhaps they will see the change, and want to change as well.
- It is necessary to recognize when problems arise. Whether the problem is boredom in the bedroom, lack of conversations, resentment – recognizing them is the first step. Try every possible remedy you can think of. There are some that will work for you, and it will make your marriage stronger.
- When arguing with your partner, do not shame, blame, or feel the need to be right. Instead, focus on really listening without interrupting. You may find that it is just a misunderstanding, and an argument is not even necessary. You can also learn how your partner views the situation, and be sympathetic. Use your ‘I’ statements. Your partner cannot read your mind, make sure to express how you feel as clearly as possible.
- Understand that arguments have shared responsibility and that both people will have valid points and reasons for the way they feel. Understanding how your partner feels can make the argument be resolved better.
- Remember that nothing in a marriage is more important than the relationship between the spouses. When other things, such as careers, children, and personal pursuits, become more important, that is when problems arise. Your relationship should be top priority, and when you make it so, your marriage will flourish.
- Are you paying attention to how you are treating your spouse? When someone acts kindly to you, it is easy to return. The same goes for when you are treated badly, with anger or impatience. The golden rule applies to marriages as well. Work on treating your spouse how you wish they would treat you, and you will get that in return.
- Focus on learning to appreciate your partner.
- Keep in mind that the art of dating is still important as the years go by in your marriage. Making sure you set aside time for romantic evenings regularly can rekindle the magic of a long term relationship. This does not mean being fancy or expensive, it means something special that the two of you can do together and enjoy.
- Taking care of yourself will keep you happy and your confidence up, which will help your marriage.Many feel the reason their marriage fell apart is because they became depressed and disinterested in their partner. By working on yourself, your marriage will stay fresh.
- Make sure to have a little bit of fun together every day. We are all extremely busy, and do not have a lot of time left over at the end of the day. But since you need to make your marriage a priority, there is always time to have a little bit of fun together each day. Take a walk and hold hands, cook or exercise together, or just do something small. You would be surprised at the big difference this will make.
However bad or hopeless a relationship may seem, do not lose hope. Communicating the right way can even move mountains.
This article was written by Diamond Richards. Diamond is a professional wedding planner and has been planning wedding for the past 7 years. She can almost tell if a couple’s relationship will last or not. She said to me that love cannot be touched but can be felt!
💥Tag your ❤️💥. True love requires action. We can speak of love all day long, we can write notes or poems that proclaim it, sing songs that praise it, and preach sermons that encourage it but until we manifest that love in action, our words are nothing but sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. – #liveyourquote